-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Monday, September 12, 2011

Today I am a Runner

Casey is infectious!  She has lost 40lbs and 13.3% body fat.  She is so excited and motivated.  She is eating right and exercising and making all kinds of good choices.  This lifestyle is fresh and new for her and she is workin it.  Good for her.  I am so happy when one of our patients or staff members really "get to where their goin'!"  I love it.  I love to help people become who they want to be...who they deserve to be...the best version of themselves.  Watching someone do well inspires me to do well.  As you can imagine, working at Total Family Healthcare and Wellness Centers, I get a lot of inspiration.  I get to see people succeed every day...motivation on a platter!
They say positive behavior begets more positive behavior.  "They," whoever "they" are, don't specify that the positive behavior has to be your own:)  so I am gonna ride Casey's coat tails!  She is behaving positively so I'm going to hang out with her!  She just might rub off on me.  She already has actually.  Casey wants to run her first 5K and she has convinced me to run with her.  Guess what?  I'm going to do it.  The Florida Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K are at Lake Louisa State Park on December 17.  Casey and I are going to start our training on September 21.  Who's in?  Heather?  You?  The more the merrier.
Let me ask you this, "Who do you want to be?"  You need to figure it out.  Then surround yourself with people who are like the person you want to be.    I want to be the best version of me.  So Casey is helping me to become something I've always wanted to be...a runner.  Now, listen.  I don't have to be great.  I don't have to be a runner forever.  I can commit to being a runner until December 17th, do my best, then be done.  Who knows.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot