-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Friday, September 2, 2011

My First Mistake

Ok.  I boasted yesterday that I would get on it today. ( With food, I mean.)  Well, I just had five Hershey's dark chocolate mini's at my desk lined up in a row.  Now they are gone.  What?  Really?  How can I be so motivated one day and just throw it all out the window the next?  Please,  it's easy.  We live for the moment.  The bag of chocolates were sitting on the break table.  Taunting me.  Calling my name.  Several of them apparently!  In a moment of weakness I reached in and grabbed the yumminess. 

So here is what I did wrong.  Aside from shoving five chocolates down my throat with lightning speed.  I had my high protein breakfast, an omelet with mushrooms, spinach, and cheese...plus crushed red pepper cuz momma likes the heat.  Great start, right?  I brought my bottle of water to work cuz I need to hydrate.  Good.  Did I drink it?  No.  I had a cup of coffee instead, cuz momma also likes the caffeine.  First mistake.  Now I'm all caffeined up AND dehydrated.  I have to run out for an appointment at 11AM.  I miss lunch.  Second mistake.  I get back to the office and run smack into that bag of chocolates. I reach in.  Third Mistake.

Now the chocolate is settling in.  My blood sugar is elevated. Chocolate high.  The insulin is going to kick in any minute and I'm gonna have to battle the sweet cravings all darn day.  This is NOT what I had in mind for today.  It's all my fault though.  I didn't follow my own advise.   I say over and over again......

1.  Stay hydrated...low grade thirst leads to eating
2.  Be prepared for every meal...know what you're going to eat and when, you'll make better choices
2.  Don't wait until you're starving to eat...you'll lose your willpower

How am I going to recover?  Well, first thing I'm going to do is drink water.  Lots of it.  Then, when the cravings hit I'm going to eat some lean protein.  Maybe 2 oz of low fat turkey with cheese.  Then I'm going to drink some more water.  After that I'm going to log in and blog that I have recovered fully and am back on track :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot