-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fickle

I am a fickle exerciser.  Is exerciser even a word?  lol.  Well, you know what I mean.  I am fickle because sometimes I exercise and sometimes I don't.  I am fickle because every time I get on an exercise kick it is always something different.  I wish I were one of those die-hard fitness types that make exercise a priority every day.  But I'm not.  I've come to terms with that.  I am the type that takes exercise where I can get it...and when I can get it, for that matter.

My newest thing is hiking.  Which is crazy because I am NOT outdoorsy.  I am a proud girlie girl.  I'm not crazy about dirt...or bugs...or sweat.  I'm crazy about high heels and lip gloss.  But somehow, I have been hiking with my daughters every day ( OK, every other day.)  It has been great.  There is a mountain bike trail close to our house that is a few miles long.  It is wooded and hilly and spectacular now that the leaves are changing.  It has actually made exercise fun...and pretty.  I'll take it!

I know what will happen in 3 or 4 weeks, though.  The weather will turn, and my pretty nature walks will end.  Then I'll have to find something new.  Herein lies the problem.  How long will it take me to find my new exercise thing?  I'll be honest, sometimes it takes weeks ( months?)  to get on a new kick.  In the mean time I'll take my exercise where I can get.  I'll call it "Rhonda Fitness."

"Rhonda Fitness" is all about life.  I live my life and throw some exercise in where I can.  I park farther away at the grocery store.  I stand up when I'm talking on the phone.  I actually walk up the stairs to talk to my kids instead of yelling at them to come down.  I know, that's a hard one!!  I don't go to a special place ( IE gym) and I don't need special shoes ( IE cross trainers ) I just move more in my day to day.

I think we have to get it out of our heads that exercise has to be done on a machine at the gym.  I'll leave that to the die-hards.  Exercise can be vacuuming.  You know it needs to be done!  Trimming the bushes is exercise.  Walking the dog is exercise.  Dancing while you cook dinner is exercise.  We just need to move more.  Sit less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot