-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Get Candy

Halloween is here...get candy.  You get to carve a pumpkin...get candy.  Everyone wears a costume...get candy.  Go to a haunted house...get candy. Great, a holiday that revolves around one thing...get candy.  Oh no.  Candy is a problem.

1.  It has no nutritive value.
2.  It is high in calories.
3.  It spike your insulin levels, making your body STORE BODY FAT!
4.  It causes tooth decay.
5.  It causes your stomach to empty prematurely...leaving more room for more candy!

How can you get through it?  It's hard.  I used to empty my kids Halloween pumpkins of chocolate and eat it myself!  Not anymore.  Number one, I buy my give-away candy at the last minute.  This is not easy for me since I like to be prepared.  But I can't have candy around the house a week or two ahead of time because I'LL EAT IT!  Secondly, I bribe my kids to "sell" their Halloween candy for other goodies...like electronics.  It works like a charm.  My kids would much rather have a new game or gadget that a bowl full of Smarties. 

On November 1st, the candy is in the trash.  For me, throwing wrapped candy away is like putting dollar bills in the trash.  It's painful.  I hate to waste.  It just kills me.  But having that bowl, or two or three, of candy isn't good.  And not just for me.  It's not good for my kids.  They get to eat plenty of candy on Halloween and the days leading up to it.  Throwing away some Laffy Taffy is not really depriving my kids.  I'm sure they won't even look up from their IPhone's to even notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot