-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Too Young To Be Old

I am too young to be old!  But I am obviously too old to be young!  I have to wear readers to see the menu.  I wake up with bed sheet wrinkles that last a half an hour.  I actually like Reader’s Digest.  I am now older than my Doctor, my Dentist, and my Hair Stylist.  Worst of all, my butt is not where it used to be (along with other parts of my body.)  Age and gravity…they are not friends.  I am old enough to know this first hand.  BUT, I am young enough to want to do something about it!

I remember the days (yes, I just said that…OLD) when I could eat nothing but junk food for days on end and never gain a pound.  I could pull an all- nighter and look great the next day.  I felt good all of the time.  Youth.  Now, I have to work at feeling good.   I eat my vegetables every day…plus supplements.  I need a multi, some calcium, some vitamin D, some omega 3!!!  My counter is a disaster.  I have to get my sleep, even if that means having bed sheet wrinkles for the first hour of my day.  And now, I occasionally wake up with a back ache for NO APPARENT REASON!  Aging is not for sissies.  And I’ve been told it just gets worse.  You have got to be kidding me?

Guess what?  I do have something now that I didn’t when I was 25.  Discipline.  And thank goodness, because without it I’d be a hot mess.  They say with age comes wisdom.  I say, with age comes discipline.  I now put gas in my car BEFORE the light comes on (and keep air in the tires too.)  It’s not just my car either.  I have the discipline to take better care of myself.  I exercise.  I get my rest.  I eat right.  I balance my checkbook J  If only I had done these things when I was younger!  I’d probably be in much better shape today.  I’m sure I’d still have to wear reading glasses though. Cuz I’m too young to get my Reader’s Digest in large print! Lol!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot