-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Practice What You Preach

Do I practice everything I preach?  UUUH....EErrrr.  No.  Don't tell my kids! 

OK.  There are a few things I recommend to those trying to lose weight that I don't do myself.  I am going to lay it out there for you to scoff at me.  I weigh myself every day.  Sometimes more than once!    There.  I said it.  Just saying it out loud (blogging)  makes me feel better.

Why not weigh every day?  If you are losing 1 or 2 pounds per week it stands to reason that there are going to be days when the scale stays the same.  Or heaven forbid, goes UP!!!  ACCCKKK!  Like all humans, we get frustrated when we are working toward something and we don't see results.  Intellectually, we know that our weight-loss results don't always immediately follow our good behavior.  When we step on the scale after a stellar day of healthful eating and see no change, it's a recipe for frustration.  Frustration equals cookie binge.

Our bodies are a fluid universe.  Daily fluctuations in hormones, body temperature and other factors can influence our fluid retention.  This fluid can show up on the scale after a day of fish and vegetables and exercise just to aggrivate you.  Your aggrivated self just might not make the same effort it did the day before just out of sheer frustration.  Do yourself a favor, save yourself the aggrivation.  Weigh youself once a week so you can see the scale move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot