-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Friday, March 9, 2012

Vitamins?

I get many questions about taking vitamins.  The most common one, "Should I?"  The short answer is yes.  But you know I'm going to give you the long answer. lol.  Let me start by reminding you about my deficiencies.  Remember the ones I learned of on myfitnesspal.com?
Vitamin and mineral deficiencies?  I'm still flabbergasted about my remiss.

Remiss:  Lacing care or attention to duty; negligent.

I love food.  We have a close relationship.  Obsessive even?  Maybe.  I cannot think of one food I don't like.  Not one.  Brussels sprouts?  MMMM.  Halved and grilled to a caramelized deliciousness.  Yes.  Lima beans?  Soft and buttery sauteed with a bit of spicy sausage.  I'm in.  It is not hard for me to get my servings of veggies in every day.  I love them.  Just this morning I threw baby spinach, red bell pepper, and green spring onions in my scrambled eggs and loved it.  With all these veggies flying around you would think I was meeting my nutritional needs.  WRONG.

What I'm getting at is even with the best diet, there are nutritional gaps that need to be met.    You don't want to be running around with deficiencies!  Why?  Disease prevention, heart health, mental well being to name a few reasons.  So a good daily multivitamin in essential.  I would recommend a good omega 3 for everyone too if I had my druthers (my grandpa used to say that! ) And you want to get the good stuff.  Talk to Dr. Jakob or Dr. Murphy about what they would recommend for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot