-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birthday Dilemma

Oh my gosh, my daughter's birthday dinner is tonight.  Did I mention that I have five daughters?  Yes, five!  This sweet one in particular is turning 15 and weighs 90 pounds soaking wet.  So it goes without saying that her dream menu is NOT on my diet plan.  But, trying to be the good mom, I am making the dinner of her choice for her birthday.  Are you ready?  Potato and Cheddar pierogies with kielbasa, garlic and cheese bread and ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  A dieters worst nightmare, right?

Well, it doesn't have to be.  First, I'm buying turkey kielbasa from Hillshire Farms.  My family won't even notice the difference and I will be able to cut some calories and fat.  I'm going to saute my kielbasa medallions with pepper and onions and just a touch of olive oil.  I want to get some good quality fat in there!  After that is cooked I will add my frozen pierogies.  Garlic and cheese bread goes in the oven.  What's in it for me?  A little bit of sacrifice and will power that's for sure.

On my plate I will have a big salad dressed with oil and vinegar and a bit of the kielbasa with peppers and onions.  My plate will be full of veggies and I'll have about 1/3 cup on kielbasa.  I have a plan.  I'm totally sticking to my plan!  Now whether I do or not remains to be seen.  I'll let you know tomorrow.  But I can tell you this, half of the battle is going in prepared.  I'm prepared to do it right.  If a fall off a little bit I'll still be ahead of the game.  If I went in without a plan, forget it!  I'd be toast.

I'm sure you're asking, "What kind of Birthday meal is that?"  Well, I'll tell you.  It is the kind that is going to get me to my goal.  I spent many birthdays stuffing myself full of bread and cake.  Do you know where it got me?  FAT CITY!  It's time for paybacks.  And that's not always pretty.

So wish me luck tonight.  I'm going to drink lots of water before hand.  I'm going to eat slowly and enjoy the conversation.  I'm gonna sing happy birthday at the top of my lungs ( I'll probably shed a tear or two cuz I'm like that.)  When I roll out that cake I'm gonna have a cup of coffee with splenda so I have something in my hands and I'm gonna pull out my skinny girl mantra..."I'm more powerful than that ice cream cake."

2 comments:

  1. So how did it go were you able to stay strong at dinner and not eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to post One of my best friends that goes to the Metro West office Has lost 101 lbs in 8 month SO PROUND OF YOU SAM.

    ReplyDelete

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot