-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's Always Something

I'm going through a life crisis.  I deal with that by eating.  Breakfast cereal.  Chocolate.  Chips and queso.  It doesn't matter.  I just sooth myself with food.  I think most people are like that.  At least those of us who have battled obesity.  Food is a comfort.  Temporarily anyway.  But, the last thing I need right now is to gain weight.  That would just add to my woes.  So I definitely need to reign it in.  Am I going to be able to do that?  Am I going to be able to maintain my good eating habits?  When everything in my life is falling apart and my emotional state is bouncing around like a ping pong ball, am I going to be able to eat right?

The answer is YES.  I am going to be able to maintain my good habits.  I am going to be able to eat right.  Are you wondering how I can be so sure?  Well, I am faking my confidence for sure.  My bravado is an act.  But I do know that I've been through some rough times before and I was able to maintain.  Every time I've made it through a crisis and the scale stayed the same, my confidence increases.  So even though I'm nervous, I can do it.  I've done it before.  I HAVE to do it.  My health and my sanity are at stake.
This brings me around to my title.  It's always something.  There is always a reason to over indulge.  Good, bad, or ugly...you can always find an excuse if you want one.  There is the good...birthdays, holidays, celebrations, Tuesdays :)  There is the bad...divorce, job loss, death of a loved one.  The ugly....depression, foreclosure, moving.  Take your pick.  There are a million reasons to choose from if you want to blow your diet.  But these excuses, they're called life.  And life keeps on coming.  What I'm trying to say is if we let every little thing get in the way of our good choices, we'll never reach our goal weight...or stay there for that matter.
So tomorrow I am going to eat right, drink water, exercise, and sleep.  I am going to take care of me.  No excuses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot