-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Monday, December 19, 2011

Damage Control

I wish I did everything right.  I don't.  Not by a long shot.  I ate and drank everything in sight this weekend.  Whatever wasn't nailed down went into my mouth.  It was almost like a contest.  The how much junk can I shovel in contest.  I'm sooo paying the price today.  I'm bloated, gassy, and muffined into my skinny jeans.  I feel miserable.  Not because I look any different.  I'm sure no but me can tell I've put on 5 pounds in one week.  But physically, I don't feel good.  I'm absolutely sure that eating poorly makes me ache,  gives me a low grade headache, and leaves me tired after a full nights sleep.  Was it worth the indulgence?  Well, no.  But these things happen.  What I do now is the important thing. 

It's time for damage control.  I have to take off these 5 pounds before they take up permanent residence.  Right now they are just visiting and I can get rid of them if I act right away.  If I let them linger a day or two they become mine.  I will own them.  So today I'm pulling out all the stops.  Today is going to be a pill.  But I must take it if I want to start 2012 at the same weight I was before these relentless holidays.

Step one is to go protein only today.  Lean meat, eggs, and cheese.  Nothing else.  I know it's going to be painful but it's just part of the process.  My plan is to eat 12 ounces of protein today.  I'm going to eat 2 ounces of lean protein every 2 hours.  8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm.  It sounds crazy but it works for me.  The small frequent meals keeps my blood sugar levels nice and even.  No insulin spikes to make me crave.  I don't get hungry this way.

Tomorrow, I will move to 10 ounces of protein and green leafy veggies only.  And on day three I'll be back to 10 ounces of protein, 4 veggies, and 2 fruits.  If all goes well, I should be back down 5 pounds in 1 week.  If there is a  good thing about a binge induced weight gain, it is that the pounds come off quickly.  Like I said before, it hasn't yet taken up permanent residence yet! lol!  Actually, the real reason is fluid retention.  Binging for a few days on sweets and junk food will definitely increase the bloat factor and that water weight will disappear with a few days of healthy eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot