-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Monday, December 5, 2011

Whew!  I made it through Thanksgiving.  Now I have the Christmas hurdle.  It's always something!  Hey, I think I blogged that, see post on August 31st.  I want to start 2012 without a weight loss resolution.  That has been my goal for the past 6 holidays.  I've succeeded every year.  So I know it CAN be done.  If I can do it, you certainly can.  You just need to be prepared.  Of course, there is a blog on that too!

For me ( and who else is there? *kidding! ) it isn't what I add that makes me gain weight.  It's what I take away.  I rely on my routine to get me through.  If I take my routine away, the fridge becomes it replacement.  Not the best substitute, I can assure you!  A good diet and exercise routine is invaluable in weight loss and weight maintenance.  It hard enough to to stick to the routine during normal times.  The holiday season makes it that much more difficult.

Here is what has worked for me the last 6 years ( and hopefully this year too.)  I don't give up three things during the holidays....

     1.  Sleep.  8 hrs.  Period.

         When I don't get my sleep,  I'm cranky, puffy, tired...everything that makes me want
          oatmeal cream pies.  In years past I would have late night present wrapping sessions that would
          not only lead to an extra meal but extra snacks the next day in an attempt to keep myself alert. 
          FAIL.

     2.  Exercise.  Just a little.

          10 minutes a day is enough to reduce my stress level.  No stress, no oatmeal cream pies.  It's that
          simple.  Plus, it's hard to eat when I'm exercising so that's less time I have for food.  BONUS. 
          The holidays are stressful enough without giving up your exercise routine.  Don't skip the
          workout, as meager as it may be.

     3.  Grocery Shopping. Seriously.

          With all the parties and shopping and holiday whatnot, it's easy to skip the store and hit the
           drive-thru.  I can't do it.  One bad choice turns into 10 for me.  On the other hand, one GOOD
           choice turns into 10 for me also.  So go to the store, have some good choices in the fridge.
           Let those good choices procreate and make all kinds of little good choices.  WIN.

 That's it.  What I won't give up for the holidays.  Happy planning to you too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot