-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Build It

We all have goals, right? Or at least we should. Goals help keep us focused on what we want, which is a good thing...sometimes. I've had weight loss goals since...well, since forever. An endless parade of New Year's resolutions, swimsuit seasons, high school reunions, the list doesn't end. The goal is always the same. Lose weight. I've wondered what I would work for if not for losing weight?! I've had to revamp my goals and my thought process to get off the weight obsessed bus. Trust me, it has been a process.

The first thing I did was minimize my goals. Of course I still wanted to fit into my high school jeans and look fabulous but that goal was rather daunting. I've switched to small manageable pieces. For example, for my daughters choir performance on March 1st I would like to be two pounds less so I can sit comfortably in my jeans and not cut off my air supply...because you know that gym is going to be hot and crowded!!! This kind of goal I can manage. Plus I get to pat myself on the back on March 1st because I'll be successful. AAH Success. How sweet it is!

Not only did I make my goals smaller but I've had to dive into the byproduct.  What?!  Let me explain. If my ultimate goal is to fit into my high school jeans and look fabulous, the byproducts of that goal would be; a good fitness routine,  eating wholesome foods and getting decent rest etc. Instead of setting my goals on the weight, I set my goals on the byproducts. Thinking small, manageable pieces again, my goals are; exercise 3 times a week (mostly), get to bed by 10:30 at night (mostly), eliminate junk food (mostly).  You get the picture.

I am simply building the background set for the best version of me.  Once I get the background details built...I figure the best version of me will be in my high school jeans and looking fab.  It is a building process, a project.  But on this project I get to pat myself on the back for all of my successes and take the focus off the weight. So try it.  Build a better you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot