-- Call us today --
(352) 394-4237

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Diet Tech

I'm a bit tech challenged.  So it goes without saying that I don't have a smart phone and all the doodads that go with it.  Yeah, I said doodads.  I am so out of it but my keen sense of denial allows me to call it retro...or old school:)  I turned 45 last week and my sweetheart of a husband gave me an Ipad for my birthday.  Well, for a tech nerd this was the equivalent of getting a vacuum cleaner.  "What am I suppose to do with this?"  I said this to myself, of course.

OMG.  Within 24 hours I was converted.  Crazy.  I am app mad.  For all of you that are like me (tech stunted), an app is a program you to download to your device to help you with....well, with whatever.  There is an app for EVERYTHING!  There is even an app for managing your apps.  I love it.  My new favorite is My Fitness Pal.  It's free.  They even have it on the web.  Myfitnesspal.com.  You KNEW it had to be a health and nutrition app, right?

First I'd like to say to all my tech savvy friends out there, I know I'm about 3 years behind and this is old news.  Diet apps are everywhere.  I know.  I just didn't think they could help ME!  I consider myself conscientious and diligent about what I eat.  I AM conscientious and diligent about what I eat.  But wow, what a difference having an online food journal makes. 

I am all about the food journal.  Every time we give a patient a food journal to fill out for the week, they nearly always lose weight.  It works.  But writing out a food journal can be time consuming and frustrating.  But with my new app it's a snap.  It has all types of food to click on, from restaurant selections to grocery items.  It adds them to your daily log and keeps track of calories and nutrients for the day and for the week.  It also includes exercise selections and tells you how many calories you burn for each and adds them to your daily calorie allowance.  Who knew?  Well, everyone but me apparently!

So I was wrong.  (I'm choking as I say those words!)  There is an app for everyone...even me.

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda I want to than you for giving me the "bug", the workout "bug" that is!! When I saw you a few weeks ago you gave me the motivation to want to start running again!! All you talk about your race gave be the push I have been looking for! I was doing great, but when school started I just could not find the time anymore, or was that just an excuse I was giving myself?? I realized when I was excercising on a daily basis I was much happier and had tons of energy, suprisingly!! I am going to now ride your coat tails! I started running on Monday and yesterday I did 2 miles in 28:40 :) Thankyou for all your motivation Rhonda!
    Casey

    ReplyDelete

Clermont Office
3115 Citrus Tower Blvd., Suite A
Clermont, Florida 34711
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
Orlando / MetroWest Office
1507 Park Center Drive, Unit 1H
Orlando, Florida 32835
Toll-free: (866) 212-2943
iHealthSpot